Blackrock Education Centre
ICT is an integral part of teaching learning and assessment, however as young pupils become citizens of the digital community, they need to be guided and facilitated in behaving responsibly online and developing good judgement when interacting with others.
This course will focus on supporting teachers in helping pupils explore their rights and responsibilities as digital citizens.
• To explore what is meant by being a digital citizen
• To understand the importance of managing yourself in an online world
• To identify safe, reliable and suitable sources of information online
• To raise awareness among students about being responsible online
• To highlight privacy issues, cyberbullying, online etiquette and your digital footprint.