Following completion of in-service, participants will:
- Be familiar with the HSE Whole School Approach to Food Policy Development Toolkit for Primary Schools.
- Have an understanding of the Department of Health National Healthy Eating Guidelines.
- Understand the link between healthy eating and oral health.
- Understand the steps involved in developing Healthy Eating Policy in the Primary School Setting.
- Know where to access relevant resources and supports on Healthy Eating, Oral Health and Health Promoting Schools.
- Have the skills and knowledge to develop and implement a Healthy Eating Policy in the school setting.
- Be empowered to help others make healthier food choices.
Substitution Cover is available for this course. Training delivered by the HSE: Health Promotion Officer, Dietician and Oral Health Promotion Team.For bookings please click here.