From your own kitchen, a practical, hands on cookery course that supports participants in delivering meaningful cookery lessons in classroom situations. By completing only 1 module you will be shown how to start your own class\school cookery programme. Additional modules develop new progressive skills and deliver essential techniques and procedures for successful class delivery. Cookery classes enable children to develop life skills and provide experience in practical applications of Maths, Science, Instructional English, Wellbeing and SPHE.
Our aim at the Kater4kidz Cookery and Nutrition Academy is to ‘Empower children to make the right food decisions by providing them with the skills to do so.’ Our cookery school has been in operation for 8 years. We operate nationally, directly with children in schools, with parent and children groups, provide weekly classes and holiday camps for 4–16 year olds, including special needs groups and offer CPD training to Primary School Teachers. Our extensive experience in rolling out cooking programmes to large groups of children in classroom situations has been incorporated into this programme.
· Modules are completed in a ‘Cook Along’ manner, allowing participants the practical hands on experience of completing the recipes.
· Modules are live streamed and interactive to facilitate group discussion and peer to peer learning. Class size is limited, 12-18 participants, (level dependent).
· Cookery Kit requirements are explained and are based on the level being completed – school kit can be built and increased over the different levels.
· Recipes categories: From the School Garden - fruit & vegetables; International - supporting geography; Traditional – Irish recipes; Novelty – Christmas and Halloween recipes.
· Certificate of Attendance issued for each module.
· Certificate of Completion issued for each level.
· Alternative methodology on teaching Maths, Science, English, Wellbeing, SPHE.
· Practices to promote student inclusion, group discussion and compromise.
· Methodologies on structuring and running cooking classes.
· Confidence to deliver meaningful cookery classes.
· Recipe bank relevant to developing key cookery skills.
· Health and Safety requirements for different levels of cooking.
· Building a cookery kit – module by module.
Level 1 Level 2 Level 3
Class Suitability Junior Infants to 6th 1st to 6th 5th to 6th
Number of Modules 3 3 3
Module Duration (hrs)
|Course Date||03-06-2020 2:00 pm|
|Course End Date||03-06-2020 3:30 pm|
|Registration Start Date||22-05-2020|