The presentation on MyOn and Accelerated Reader will outline how schools across Ireland are using the resources currently and will cover the main features of both MyOn and Accelerated Reader.
· Access to 5500 new digital books with these titles available anywhere, anytime on any device including a mobile phone.
· Unlimited access to all books in a Covid-friendly environment. No danger of infection transfer.
· A mixture of fiction, non-fiction and graphic novels.
· Topic related: Many books are subject related topics across the curriculum.
· Whole school use: Books are available for the entire school and in all locations
· Projects can be set for the children to complete based around a topic/books selected by the teacher. Homework tasks can also be set.
· Opportunities to use MyON as a virtual learning environment. Many projects are pre-made by teachers and can be easily shared.
· Feedback: The teacher can comment on the children’s work and there are opportunities for peer assessment.
· Extended Schools: Reports are available to measure reading in and out of school etc.
· Connects with Accelerated Reader for comprehension assessment, monitor and track progress ensure all pupils are reading at an age-appropriate level
· Ensures that pupils have sufficient challenge in their reading
· all pupil reading and comprehension data stored in easy to read and access spreadsheets
|Course Date||23-02-2021 4:30 pm|
|Course End Date||23-02-2021 5:30 pm|
|Registration Start Date||18-01-2021 12:00 am|
|Cut off date||23-02-2021 12:00 am|
|Registration fee / cost||Free|
Registered with the Charities Regulatory Authority CRA No. 20051921